Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Golden Grain. The American Classic Pasta.
Tomato Beef Bake
Easy tomato beef sauce is the heart of this pasta recipe. Golden Grain Elbows makes this a delicious, fun family meal.
- 8 ounces Golden Grain Elbows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes in juice, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, stirring frequently. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef. Cook while stirring, until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, salt, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Combine pasta and 1/2 cup cheese in 2-quart casserole. Stir in sauce mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.