Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Golden Grain. The American Classic Pasta.
Tacie's Weeknight Boursin Pasta
A very easy and delicious recipe perfect for entertaining or to just feed your family on a typical weeknight!
Submitted by Cristal B.
- 16 oz of Golden Grain Penne, Elbows or Shell Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced (or substitute mini-portabella's if you like a nuttier flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 1/2 ounces, Boursin cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushorroms are tender and well browned (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth and Boursin cheese and bring to a simmer while stirring (this is the mushroom sauce).
- Cook the pasta until almost and then add the asparagus and cook until it and the pasta are finished cooking; drain.
- Toss with mushroom sauce and serve.