Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Golden Grain. The American Classic Pasta.
Baked Penne and Meatball Casserole
Instead of spaghetti, this recipe uses Golden Grain Penne for a simple casserole your family will love.
- 12 ounces Golden Grain Penne
- 8 ounces frozen Italian-style meatballs
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine pasta, meatballs, pasta sauce and 1 cup cheese in a large bowl; mix well. Turn into a lightly greased 2-1/2 quart shallow baking dish; cover.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover, top with remaining 1 cup cheese and parsley. Bake 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.