Recipes & Cooking
Deliciously simple recipes from Golden Grain. The American Classic Pasta.
Baked Elbows with Zucchini, Tomato and Parmesan
Hearty vegetarian casseroles are easy to prepare. Tomatoes, zucchini and ricotta cheese make a chunky sauce to combine with Golden Grain Elbows.
- 8 ounces Golden Grain Elbows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cubed (1/2 inch) fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add zucchini; cook and stir 5 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes, parsley and garlic; simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Stir in ricotta, milk, Romano and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
- Combine elbows with sauce. Pour into a buttered 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes until top is lightly brown.