- 8 oz (1/2 pkg) Golden Grain Elbows
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz (2 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, optional
- Cook Elbows according to package directions. Drain, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet. Add flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add cooked pasta and toss until well blended.
- Top with bacon, if desired.